Cachote Mountains, Tropical Fruits & Swim
Hiking trails in Barahona (Dominican Republic).
Enjoy a day hiking in the Mountains of Cachote, Barahona. Starting from Paraiso Community. Learning about coffee plantation areas. Swimming in Natural springs and one of the most beautiful beaches in the Dominican Republic with scenic photos.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Local Guide with Safety experience in the area.
- Private transportation for small groups
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Pick up / Transportation from your hotel (Barahona / Paraíso / Los Patos area)
- Local guide who speaks English or French
- Typical lunch (sandwiches type) and a bottle of water
- Local taxes
- Natural Pools
- All Drinks
- All services not specifically mentioned
- Personal expenses and tips
Departure & Return
The traveler will get a meeting point after the Reservation Process. Tours start and Finish in your meeting points.
Duration of the walk: 5-6 hours
Elevation: 800 meters
Departure from the Hotel: 08.00 AM
Return to the Hotel: 05.00 PM
Hiking trails in Barahona (Dominican Republic). Cachote Mountains, Tropical Fruits & Swim
What To Expect?
We will start this walk in the town of Ojeda, which is famous for its great production of typical Caribbean fruits and vegetables. Along the way, we can taste avocados, oranges, grapefruits, lemons, guavas, mangoes, papayas, sapotes, and soursop!
After 1 hour and a half of climbing, we will reach an impressive point of view over the town of Paraíso, the Riosito, and the high mountains of Cachote.
We will continue climbing in a colder and more humid climate until we reach the town of Barrio Nuevo where we will have lunch.
In the afternoon we will cross a magnificent coffee farm on top of the mountain at 800 meters above sea level. Then we will go down for 1 hour until we reach the Riosito gorge where we can bathe in a beautiful natural pool surrounded by the tropical forest.
Continue walking through the Riosito valley to end the day bathing at Paraiso beach.
What you should bring?
- Repellent buds
- Comfortable pants
- Hiking shoes for forest
- Sandals to the Spring areas.
- Swimming wear
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Pickup/Transportation from your hotel (area of Barahona/Paraiso/Los Patos).
Note: If you are booked within 24 hours of the tour/Excursion departure time, we can arrange hotel pick-up. We just pick up in Barahona areas. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local Tour guide to organize pick-up arrangements.
Additional Info Confirmation
- Tickets are the Receipt after paying this Tour. You can show the payment on your phone.
- Meeting Point will be received After the Reservation Process.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 72 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Funds will be lost if the reservation is canceled the same day of the trip.